- (+357) 26880576
Cyprus Investment Program
Cyprus Investment Program
“Become a citizen of Cyprus – a European Union Country – by investing with Leptos Estates under the Cyprus Investment Program”
Acquire Cyprus citizenship by investing under the Cyprus Investment Program. Cyprus being a full member of the European Union, the citizenship entitles you and your family to live, work and stay in any of the 28 EU countries. Also enjoy visa-free travel to over 155+ countries across the world. Cyprus Passport is ranked No.10 in the world.
One can obtain citizenship through purchase of real estate with Leptos Estates. Citizenship is usually approved within a period of 6-9 months of applying, and comes with lifetime validity for the entire family. The minimum Investment amount is € 2 million in residential real estate.
In 3 years you can sell € 1.5 M of your investment property. In a way you get your money back in 3 years, if you take the returns of capital appreciation and rental income into account.
- No physical residence requirements
- No obligation to relinquish current nationalities
- No language proficiency test required
- No worldwide income tax & low tax rates and free trade within the EU
Requirements and Conditions
- The expected time-frame for the examination of any application submitted in accordance with the provisions of the Cyprus Investment Programme is 6 (six) months
- The programme applies to the immediate family of the applicant i.e the spouse or partner and dependent children up to the age of 28 if full time university students and for children with severe physical or mental disability.
- A € 2 million (plus vat if any) – Investment in a single Residence. A single property to be used as a residence at a minimum value of €2 million (plus VAT if any). The privately-owned residence must be retained by the investors for a period of 5 years after the date of approval. The Investor has the right to sell his/her property and buy another one at a minimum value of €500,000 (plus VAT if any).
- A €2 million (plus Vat if any) Investment in a selection of Residential Properties, out of which one property is to be used as a privately-owned permanent residence of a minimum value of €500,000 (plus VAT if any). The remaining €1.5 million can be invested in a range of residential properties only, which may be resold 5 years after the date of approval.
- The applicant must have made an investment of at least €2,0 million for the purchase or construction of buildings or for the construction of other land development projects (residential or commercial developments, developments in the tourism sector) or other infrastructure projects plus a residential property to be used as a privately-owned permanent residence of a minimum value of €500,000 (plus VAT if any.)
- The parents of the investor may apply for citizenship aﬅer the investor ‘s Naturalization as Cypriot Citizen. They need to hold a permanent privately owned residence in the Republic of Cyprus, the purchase price of which must be at least €500.000 (plus VAT if any).
- It is noted the investor and his/her parents may collectively acquire a private residence, provided that the total of amount of the residential property is at least €1.000.000 (plus VAT if any).
- The applicant must hold a valid Schengen visa. Third-Country nationals that do not require an entry visa for travelling in European Union member-states, as well as citizens of European Union Member States are excluded from this obligation.
- The Investor, prior to his/her naturalization as a Cypriot citizen must hold a residence permit in Cyprus for a period of 6 months If the applicant does not already hold a residence permit, he/she may apply for an immigration permit on the basis of Regulation 6(2) of the Aliens and Immigration Law, simultaneously with the application for naturalization. Permanent Residency card will be issued within 5-7 working days after the submission of the passport application.
- The applicant must have donated at least €75,000 to the “Research and Innovation Foundation and €75,000 to the “Cyprus Land Development Corporation”.